The Department of Education has always encouraged schools to provide information to their students to help them learn good money management skills. This is especially important for students who are borrowing under the Federal Unsubsidized Direct Loan Program and who will have to repay these loans in addition to their normal consumer debt. A good “rule of thumb” to remember is that you should only borrow what you need.
- Financial Literacy Guidance from Federal Student Aid
- White House Financial Aid Capability Toolkit
- The 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy Life Stages
- Feed the Pig
- Mapping the Future
- Resources for the Military Community
For Federal Student Loan Borrowers
- Do You Know Who You Owe? Check Your Loan Records on the National Student Loan Data System.
- You Can Deal with It!