In order to graduate from the Master of Divinity program, seminarians must
- achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher and
- successfully complete all courses, academic and formation requirements.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required.
- Oral Comprehensive Exams In addition, because seminary formation has as its object to make seminarians true shepherds of souls after the example of our Lord Jesus Christ, teacher, priest, and shepherd (see Optatam Totius #4), the seminarians must also adequately complete all requirements of formation according to the four dimensions of priestly formation identified in the Program for Priestly Formation (fifth edition): spiritual, human, intellectual, and pastoral.
In order to graduate from the
Master of Arts Program in Theological Studies, students must:
- achieve a GPA of 2.70 or higher overall, a 3.50 G.P.A. in the area of concentration (if applicable to degree track),
- a 3.50 on the Research Thesis (if applicable to degree track),
- and successfully complete all courses and academic requirements.
In addition, the following items must be completed and submitted to the appropriate individual the semester prior to graduation in order to graduate from the Master of Arts in Theological Studies:
- A completed Self-Assessment of Theological Knowledge and Performance Skills (Final Assessment). This self-assessment is identical to the one completed at admission to the Master of Arts Program, and allows for measurement of program effectiveness (to be submitted to the Director of the Master of Arts Program)
- The Application for Graduation Form completed in full and signed by the student (to be submitted to the Registrar). The $100 graduation fee is due at the same time.
In order to graduate from the Bachelor of Philosophy (Theological Studies) Program, students must achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.0, having successfully passed all courses and completed all academic requirements as indicated in the curriculum.
Graduating With Honors
An NDS student who has maintained a high degree of scholastic achievement is awarded a degree with the distinction:
- Summa cum laude with a GPA of 3.90
- Magna cum laude with a GPA of 3.70
- Cum laude with a GPA of 3.50